Maple Popcorn Balls
1/4 cup popping corn
1/2 tsp salt (optional)
1 cup maple syrup
1-1/2 tsp butter
1. Pop corn following package instructions.
Season with salt if desired.
2. Heat syrup and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat,
stirring constantly until temperature reaches 250 degrees F
on a candy thermometer (soft-ball stage), or until a few drops
form soft balls when dropped in cold water.
3. Remove pan from heat and pour mixture over popcorn.
4. When mixture is cool enough to handle, toss popcorn with
syrup and mold into balls, and cool on a buttered baking sheet.
5. Store cooled popcorn balls in an airtight container.
Makes approximately 8.