Can be refrigerated in a rigid airtight container with wax
paper between layers up to 1 day or frozen up to 1 month.
3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 an 18-oz roll refrigerated sugar-cookie dough
12 miniature peanut butter cups (Reese’s)
Red liquid food color
1 tube (.75 oz) blue writing gel (optional)
1. Have a large baking sheet ready.
2. Knead flour into dough until well blended.
Remove 1/4 tsp dough, roll into 12 tiny balls (for pupils);
reserve. Roll remaining dough into an even 12-in. log. Cut in
twelve 1-in. pieces. Place pieces cut side up. Insert your thumb
in center of each and make an indentation large enough to hold
a peanut butter cup; insert cup.
3. Roll dough between palms of your hands to rise up and around
sides of cup. Put a pupil in center of cup. Place 2 in. apart
on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Put a few drops red food color into a small cup.
Dip in end of toothpick; draw veins from center to edge of
each cookie. Refrigerate 15 minutes to firm dough.
5. Meanwhile heat oven to 350°F.
6. Bake cookies 12 min or until pale golden around edges.
Remove to a wire rack to cool. If desired, pipe blue gel
around pupils of some of the cookies.
Eyeball Cookies use only half a roll of cookie dough.
For twice as many eyeballs, use the whole roll and
double the other ingredients.